Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
1) 2lb. skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
2) Sea salt to taste
3) Freshly ground pepper to taste
4) 2 bell peppers, chopped
5) 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
6) 2 cloves garlic, minced
7) 1 (28 –oz.) can crushed tomatoes
8) ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
9) 1 teaspoon dried oregano
10) ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
11) 1/3 cup capers
12) Cooked linguine, for serving
1) Season chicken on both sides with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and place in slow cooker.
2) Add peppers, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, and broth, then season with oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
3) Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
4) Remove chicken from slow-cooker and stir capers into sauce.
5) Serve chicken over cooked linguine with sauce.