Crispy Rice Bowls with Fried Eggs
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
2) 2 ½ cups cooked brown rice
3) ½ teaspoon sea salt plus a pinch, divided
4) 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
5) 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
6) 1 11-ounce package baby spinach
7) 1 tablespoon lime juice
8) 4 eggs
9) 1 ripe avocado, sliced
10) 1 cup julienned carrot
11) 4 radishes, thinly sliced
12) 2 scallions, thinly sliced
13) 4 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
1) Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium -high heat. Add rice and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon sea salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, approximately 10 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls.
2) Add the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon canola oil and ginger to the pan. Add spinach, in batches, and cook, tossing, until welted, approximately 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice and ¼ teaspoon sea salt. Divide among the rice bowls.
3) Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in the pan. Crack eggs into it and cook until the whites are set and the edges are crispy, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining pinch of salt. Place an egg on each rice bowl. Top with avocado, carrot, radishes, scallions, and Sriracha.