“Live to Learn, and You will Really Learn to Live” –
John C. Maxwell
1) Set specific goals in behavioral terms.
2) Set realistic yet challenging goals.
3) Set long-term (3-month) and short- term (weekly and daily) goals.
4) Establish actual dates for attaining your goals.
5) Create goal achievement strategies-for example, writing them down on paper or posting them on your refrigerator (a place you will likely see it a few times a day).
6) Find others who support your pursuits of your goals.
Crispy Rice Bowls with Fried Eggs
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
2) 2 ½ cups cooked brown rice
3) ½ teaspoon sea salt plus a pinch, divided
4) 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
5) 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
6) 1 11-ounce package baby spinach
7) 1 tablespoon lime juice
8) 4 eggs
9) 1 ripe avocado, sliced
10) 1 cup julienned carrot
11) 4 radishes, thinly sliced
12) 2 scallions, thinly sliced
13) 4 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
1) Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium -high heat. Add rice and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon sea salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, approximately 10 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls.
2) Add the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon canola oil and ginger to the pan. Add spinach, in batches, and cook, tossing, until welted, approximately 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice and ¼ teaspoon sea salt. Divide among the rice bowls.
3) Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in the pan. Crack eggs into it and cook until the whites are set and the edges are crispy, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining pinch of salt. Place an egg on each rice bowl. Top with avocado, carrot, radishes, scallions, and Sriracha.
Chai Seed Protein Bites
1. 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
2. 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3. 1/2 cup chia seeds
4. 1/2 cup honey
5. 1/4 cup vanilla or chocolate protein powder
6. 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Additional unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
2. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in additional coconut if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
1. 2 cups frozen fruit (any kind)
2. 1 cup liquid (almond milk, orange juice, water, etc.)
1. 1/4 cup protein powder (whey, plant-based, soy, etc.)
2. 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
3. 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1. Place frozen fruit, liquid, and any optional add-ins into a high- speed blender
2. Blend on high until smooth. You may need to add a little bit more liquid depending on how thick you like your smoothie.
3. Serve immediately
· This type of training includes training for agility, balance, coordination, and gait.
· Neuromotor training is especially important for older adults who are at an increased risk of falling; it is also part of a complete exercise program.
· Balance exercises may be either static, for example, standing on one leg while incorporating upper body movements (perhaps a dumbbell curl), or dynamic.
· A dynamic balance exercise involves transferring body weight from one foot to another; for example, pretending to walk along a “tightrope,” or a line on the floor, with one foot directly in front of the other.
This is a follow-up to a previous post made on Dec.13th of 2020.
I will be launching my website for my new business (Twin Peaks Sex Coaching) between Jan. 18th- Jan 22th. I will post a link to it on this website/blogsite once I have it available.
My Twin Peaks Sex Coaching Services will benefit you if:
1. You are seeking to discover or rediscover your sexual essence
2. You are seeking to maximize your communication skills with your partner
3. You are seeking to establish relationship boundaries
4. You are seeking to create or recreate peak sexual/life experiences
5. You are seeking Mr. or Mrs. Right
The essence of the Twin Peaks Sex Coaching Model is build on the 10 guiding ingredients that interconnect and compliment one another to create a recipe for achieving peak sexual experiences as well as peak life experiences.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
1) 2lb. skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
2) Sea salt to taste
3) Freshly ground pepper to taste
4) 2 bell peppers, chopped
5) 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
6) 2 cloves garlic, minced
7) 1 (28 –oz.) can crushed tomatoes
8) ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
9) 1 teaspoon dried oregano
10) ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
11) 1/3 cup capers
12) Cooked linguine, for serving
1) Season chicken on both sides with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and place in slow cooker.
2) Add peppers, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, and broth, then season with oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
3) Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
4) Remove chicken from slow-cooker and stir capers into sauce.
5) Serve chicken over cooked linguine with sauce.
Make this year you’re lucky 21!
Remember goals motivate us, and the motivation to accomplish those goals is the essence of our purpose in life; this is an important fact to remember as we notice the passing of time, 2020 has passed and now we are with much excitement onto 2021!
Challenge yourself…think 21!