Corn and Black Bean Salad
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 1 tablespoon canola oil
2) 5 ears of corn, husked and kernels cut from the cobs
3) ½ teaspoon sea salt
4) 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
5) ¾ cup diced tomato
6) 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
7) ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
8) ¼ cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
9) Pinch of cayenne pepper
10) ½ cup grapeseed oil
1) Heat the canola oil in a large sauté’ pan over medium-low heat. Add the corn kernels and sea salt.
2) Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until corn is bright yellow, tender, and warmed through, approximately 5 minutes.
3) Transfer the corn to a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients; mix well to combine.
4) Allow the salad to sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Recipe Tip: If you can’t find fresh corn or it’s just not in season in your area, use high quality frozen corn kernels. Make sure the corn does not have any added ingredients, and thaw it before cooking.