Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This recipe provides 2 servings
1) 2 teaspoons cornstarch
2) ½ cup reduced-sodium beef broth
3) 6 teaspoons reduced –sodium soy sauce
4) 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
5) 1 garlic clove, minced
6) ½ lb. beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
7) 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
8) 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
9) 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
10) 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
11) 1 cup hot cooked brown rice
1) In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients until blended; set aside.
2) In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and 2 teaspoons sesame seeds in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm
3) Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add pepper; stir-fry for 5 minutes, until vegetables are crisp and tender.
4) Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes, until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons sesame seeds.