The Portobello Sandwich to Remember
This recipe provides 2 sandwiches
1) 4 large Portobello mushrooms, stemmed, caps wiped clean
2) Sea Salt
3) 2 tablespoons canola oil
4) ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
5) 6 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
6) 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
7) Juice of ½ a lemon
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Arrange the Portobello mushrooms in a single layer on a baking sheet stem side up, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons canola oil. Season with salt and the red pepper flakes. Bake the mushrooms until they release liquid from their centers, shrink slightly, and become tender, approximately 20 minutes.
3) Begin assembling the sandwiches by spreading the goat cheese over two of the mushrooms. Place the tomato halves on the cheese, and season with sea salt and the lemon juice. Put the remaining 2 Portobello mushrooms tops on each sandwich. Cut the sandwiches in half, and serve immediately.