Spinach Apple Salad with Balsamic Dressing
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 1 cup toasted walnuts
2) 1 recipe Balsamic Dressing (included below)
3) 1 apple
4) 1 ripe pear
5) 3 ½ cups baby spinach leaves
6) 3 ½ cups baby mixed greens
1) Core the apple and pear, cut them into thin slices.
2) Place the greens on serving plates and top with apples, pears, and walnuts. Pour over the dressing and serve.
This balsamic vinaigrette recipe is classic, tangy, and easy to make.
1) 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
2) 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3) 1 tablespoon maple syrup
4) ½ teaspoon sea salt
5) 6 tablespoons olive oil
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and salt until fully combined.
2) Gradually whisk in the olive oil, adding 1 tablespoon at a time and whisking until it incorporates. Store refrigerated and bring to room temperature before serving (keeps at least 2 weeks).
Recipe Insight: You can refrigerate this dressing up to 10 days, just bring to room temperature before serving.