This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) ¼ cup extra-virgin olive-oil plus more for the skillet
2) 4 tablespoons soy sauce
3) 2 tablespoons sesame oil
4) 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
5) 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
6) 1 tablespoon Chinese mustard
7) 1 tablespoon Sriracha
8) 2 cloves garlic, minced
9) 4 6-7 ounce skin-on salmon
10) 1 bunch scallions, chopped
11) Sesame seeds, for topping
1) Combine the olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, maple syrup, Chinese mustard, Srirachi and garlic in a large bowl. Pour one-third of the mixture into a small bowl and reserve. Add the salmon fillets to the large bowl. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for 30 -60 minutes.
2) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to coat the skillet. Add the salmon skin-side down and cook until crispy, approximately 5 minutes, lowering the heat if the glaze starts to get too dark in the pan. Baste the flesh side with the reserved marinade. Flip and cook until the salmon is cooked through and the flesh side is golden brown, approximately 4 more minutes. Transfer to a large plate/platter and top with the chopped scallions and sesame seeds.