The Greek Salad
This recipe provides 2 servings.
1) 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2) 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
3) ½ teaspoon dried oregano
4) Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
5) 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6) 8 large leaves red leaf lettuce, sliced crosswise
7) ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
8) 1 medium or large tomato, sliced into thin wedges
9) 1 small cucumber, sliced
10) 8 Kalamata olives
11) 2 ounces fat-free feta cheese, crumbled
1) Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl and whisk together. Add the oil in a steady stream, whisking consistently.
2) Combine the lettuce, onion, tomato, cucumber, olives, and feta in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss until all of the ingredients are thoroughly coated.