Curry –Roasted Chicken Thighs
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) ½ tablespoon red curry paste
2) 1 teaspoon lime zest
3) 2 grated garlic cloves
4) 4 (6 oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
5) 1 teaspoon sea salt
6) ½ teaspoon black pepper
7) 1 tablespoon canola oil
1) Preheat oven to 450 F. Combine red curry paste, lime zest, and grated garlic cloves in a bowl.
2) Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Loosen skin by gently pushing fingers between skin and meat (do not detach skin). Rub curry paste mixture evenly under skin of each thigh. Combine sea salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
3) Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken, skin side down; cook until skin is browned and crisp, approximately 8 minutes.
4) Place skillet in oven; bake until cooked through (160 F.) approximately 10 minutes.
Recipe Insight: It is important to make sure you rub the red curry paste under the skin to keep it from sticking or burning.