Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
This recipe provides 4 servings (1 sandwich per serving)
1) 5 ounces goat cheese, softened
2) 4 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
3) 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
4) 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
5) ½ teaspoon black pepper
6) ½ teaspoon sea salt
7) 8 sourdough sandwich bread slices, toasted
8) 1 lb. roasted unsalted refrigerated red beets, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
9) 1 ounce (approx. 1 cup) baby arugula, or baby kale, or spinach
1) Stir together goat cheese, pecans, thyme, vinegar, and pepper until well mixed together.
2) Spread the mixture evenly over 4 bread slices, then top evenly with beet slices.
3) Sprinkle evenly with sea salt; top evenly with arugula, then cover with remaining bread slices. Cut the sandwiches in half, and serve immediately.
Recipe Insight: The goat cheese in this recipe adds richness, while the pecans provide a nice crunch. You can find the beets in a vacuum sealed package, already peeled, roasted, and ready to slice.