Spaghetti Deep Dish Casserole
This recipe provides 6 servings
1) 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
2) ½ teaspoon sea salt
3) ½ teaspoon black pepper
4) 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce with garlic
5) ¼ cup (2ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
6) 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
7) 1 1/3 cups (about 5 ounces shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
8) Cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Cook lean ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat just until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return meat to pan. Stir in sea salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
3) Combine the sour cream, onions, and cream cheese in a small bowl, set aside. Place spaghetti noodles in a 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Spread sour cream mixture over spaghetti noodles. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes.
4) Uncover; bake an additional 3-4 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
Recipe Insight: You may substitute plain tomato sauce plus ¼ teaspoon garlic powder.