Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken
This recipe provides 4 servings
1) Cooking spray
2) 1 cup Italian panko breadcrumbs
3) 2 eggs
4) 4 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5) ½ teaspoon sea salt
6) ½ teaspoon pepper
7) 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a rimmed baking sheet.
2) Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add panko; cook, stirring often, until golden brown, approx. 3 minutes. Transfer panko to a small dish. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl, just until foamy.
3) Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in whisked eggs, shaking off excess. Dip in panko, pressing to adhere. Coat chicken on each side with cooking spray; arrange chicken on wire rack.
4) Bake at 425 degrees F. for 12 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese, and bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160. F., approximately another 10 minutes.