This recipe provides 2 servings
1) ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
2) 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
3) ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
4) Pinch of sea salt
5) 1/3 cup dried cranberries
6) ¼ cup vanilla rice milk
7) 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1) Combine the quinoa with 1 cup water, ginger, nutmeg, and sea salt in a small saucepan, next, stir until thoroughly combined. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
2) Stir in the cranberries and the rice milk. Cover and cook, until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, approximately 5 minutes. Just before serving, stir in the walnuts. Serve warm.