Tasty Tuna Melts
This recipe provides 2 servings
1) 1 can (5.5 ounces) good-quality tuna packed in water, drained
2) ¼ onion, finely chopped
3) 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
4) 4 Nicoise olives, pitted and chopped
5) Juice of ½ lemon
6) 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
7) ¼ cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
8) Pepper to taste
9) A pinch of sea salt
10) 2 slices of quality bread, lightly toasted
11) 1 hard- boiled egg, sliced
12) ½ tomato, cut into 4 thin slices
13) ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese
1) Put the tuna in a medium size bowl. Add the capers, onion, olives, lemon juice, parsley, and mayonnaise, then mix until thoroughly incorporated.
2) Season to taste with sea salt and pepper
3) Preheat Broiler. Place the bread slices on a broiler pan and divide the tuna salad between them. Divide the egg slices between them and top each with 2 tomato slices followed by the cheese.
4) Broil until the cheese is melted, approximately 1-2 minutes.