Caribbean Chicken Salad
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, fully cooked, cut into bite size chunks
2) 1/2 cup and 1 teaspoon teriyaki marinade sauce
3) 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
4) 1/2 cup chopped onion
5) 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
6) 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
7) 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
8) 1/4 cup honey
9) 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
10) 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
11) 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
12) 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
13) 1 pound mixed salad greens
14) 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
15) 4 cups corn tortilla chips
Place the chicken in a bowl, and cover with the teriyaki marinade sauce. Marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator; cook marinated chicken until internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
In a small bowl mix the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Cover salsa, and refrigerate, it least 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Cover dressing, and refrigerate, it least 30 minutes.
Arrange mixed salad greens on plates. Spoon some of the salsa over each salad, and sprinkle with 1/4 of the pineapple chunks. Break tortilla chips into large chunks, and sprinkle over salads. Lay some of the chicken chunks on each salad. Finally, drizzle dressing over each salad, and serve.