Life is often a big game of “Tug of War” between mediocrity, and trying to find your best self, which is why it is vitally important to stay focused, each and every day in a goal directed fashion.
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
1) Oils are mostly unsaturated fats
2) Foods labeled “ fat free” may not be 100% fat free
3) Animal fat, coconut and palm oil are mostly saturated
4) Fats help us absorb fat-soluble vitamins
5) The main way energy is stored is in fat from our excess food intake
6) Body fats can store unabsorbed drugs that might have been taken years ago
Saturday, November 16, 2019
Thinly Sliced Cauliflower Salad
1) 1 head cauliflower
2) 3 tablespoons olive oil
3) 1-2 sliced garlic cloves
4) 3-5 thin slices lemon
5) ½ teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
6) ½ teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
7) A pinch of sea salt
8) A pinch of freshly ground pepper
9) 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1) Thinly slice 1 head cauliflower.
2) Make dressing: Cook olive oil, lemon slices, garlic cloves, coriander, and fennel seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, approximately 4 minutes.
3) Remove from heat, add lemon juice, and then pour over the cauliflower.
4) Season the cauliflower salad with salt and pepper and toss.
5) Enjoy this tasty Saturday side salad!