Sesame Roasted Cabbage Steaks
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 4 slices ( 1-inch thick) green cabbage, cut from the center (10 ounces inch)
2) 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
3) 1 teaspoon black and white sesame seeds
4) 1 teaspoon sea salt
5) Cooking spray
1) Adjust an oven rack in the bottom third and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) Place the cabbage on prepared baking sheet and drizzle it with the sesame oil. Season with ½ teaspoon sea salt.
3) Roast on the bottom rack until the bottoms are slightly charred, approximately 15 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage, season with the remaining ½ teaspoon sea salt, and roast until tender and browned on the bottom, approximately 10 more minutes. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve hot.