Below are 6 reminders why my book is a handy little resource.
1) This book is a reminder that with each passing week…with each passing day…with each passing hour there is less time for setting goals, accomplishing them, realizing our life’s purpose, and enjoying every day; this book is about asking ourselves: “What is going on in my life right now?” “Is my motivation taking me in a goal directed fashion?” “Where do I want to be in 3 months, 6 months, 1 year…5 years, etc.?”
2) This book is a reminder of the importance of resiliency because it is an essential aspect of motivation. We all face challenges, setbacks, exposure to severe risk at times and stress or injury. With this in mind, it is important to remember; a key function of motivation is to adjust one’s personal goals in ways that improve one’s possibilities to manage one’s life situation. Individuals who have difficulties in making this adjustment are incapable or unwilling to change their previous goals are at a greater risk of feeling unhappy.
3) This book is a reminder that the key to having continued success rest upon reevaluating your goals and having realistic expectations.
4) This book is a reminder that self-awareness is an essential pre-condition for positive change; therefore, the topic to explore is what’s working and what’s not working in the area of desired change.
5) This book is a reminder that articulating and creating a compelling vision of your desired future self is the foundation for planning and reaching your long-term goals.
6) This book is a reminder that each day that we awaken, we take a step toward reaching our goals, remain the same, or take a step back. With this in mind, the core goal of this book is to remind everyone reading it (including myself) of the profound importance of realizing…with each passing week...with each passing day…with each passing hour…we have less time to do everything that we hope to in our life’s that brings us a sense of accomplishment and happiness.
Remember, in the words of Diana Scharf Hunt, “Goals are dreams with deadlines.”