Charred Broccoli with Chickpeas
1) Using a mixing bowl, toss 8 cups chopped broccoli, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon sea salt and a pinch of freshly ground pepper. Low-broil until charred, approximately 6 minutes, on a baking sheet.
2) Whisk together: ¼ cup each chopped cilantro and low-fat plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon each olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch each of sea salt and pepper.
3) Top the broccoli with the dressing and ¼ cup each roasted chickpeas and golden raisins.
Roasted Potatoes with Parsley
1) Toss 1 ½ pounds potatoes (cut into 1-inch cubed pieces) with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon each sea salt and ground coriander, in addition to a pinch of freshly ground pepper. Roast on a baking sheet at 450 degrees until browned and fork tender, approx. 35 minutes.
2) Combine ½ cup chopped parsley, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 3 sliced scallions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste; spoon over the potatoes.