Creamy Chicken & Tomato Skillet
This recipe provides 4 servings
1) 1-pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized chunks
2) 1 Tablespoon olive oil
3) 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
4) ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
5) ½ cup sliced onion
6) 1 garlic clove, grated
7) 1 ½ cups unsalted chicken stock
8) 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
9) 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
10) 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
11) 1 tablespoon lemon juice
12) 1 teaspoon lemon zest
13) prepared rice for serving
1) Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Sprinkle chicken with ½ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet; cook without stirring, until chicken begins to brown, approx. 4 minutes. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, and rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to soften and onion is tender, approx. 3 minutes.
2) Whisk together stock and flour in a bowl until combined. Add to chicken mixture; stir and scrape browned bits from the bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, until sauce thickens, approximately 4 minutes.
3) Place prepared, hot rice in a large bowl; add remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, spinach, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Toss to coat (hot rice will wilt the spinach). Divide rice mixture among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken.