Avocado and Tofu Rice Bowl
This recipe provides 4 servings
1) 1 cup brown rice
2) 14 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1-inch pieces
3) 1 large avocado, sliced
4) 4 tablespoons canola oil
5) 2 tablespoons rice
6) 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
7) 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
8) 2 tablespoons soybean paste
9) sliced scallions for serving
10) ½ teaspoon sea salt
1) Cook the brown rice according to package instructions.
2) Cook the tofu in 2 tablespoons of the canola oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, tossing occasionally, until golden, approximately 12 minutes. Season with ½ teaspoon sea salt.
3) Mix the soybean paste, soy sauce, vinegar, and the other 2 tablespoons oil; drizzle over the tofu, beans, rice, and, avocado. Serve topped with sliced scallions.