Butternut Squash and Bean Tacos
This recipe provides 4 servings
1) 1 butternut squash (approx. 1 ½ pounds), cut into ½ inch pieces
2) ½ teaspoon ground cumin
3) 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
4) 2 tablespoons olive oil
5) ½ small red onion, sliced
6) 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
7) sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
8) ¼ cup torn flat- leave parsley leaves
9) lime wedges, for serving (optional)
1) Cook the squash and cumin in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until almost tender, approximately 12 minutes; season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the beans and ¼ cup water and cook until warm, approx. 2 minutes.
2 Divide the squash mixture, onion, and goat cheese among the tortillas. Serve with the parsley and lime wedges (if you so choose).