Monday, November 19, 2018
Healthy Monday Recipe
Salmon and Arugula Salad
This recipe provides 4 servings
1) 1 pound skinless salmon fillet
2) 2 bunches arugula
3) 1 tablespoon olive oil
4) 1 15.5 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed
5) 1/4 small red onion, sliced
6) 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
7) 1/2 medium size cucumber, sliced
8) 1/4 cup vinaigrette
9) sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1) Season the salmon with a pinch of salt and pepper, each side. Cook in the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until opaque throughout, approx. 5 mins. per side. Next, let the salmon cool and flake apart with a fork.
2) Toss the salmon with the arugula, cucumber, chickpeas, olives, red onion, and vinaigrette.