Monday, October 22, 2018
Healthy Monday Recipe
Orecchiette Pasta with Almonds, Green Olives, and Red Onions
This recipe provides 4 servings
1) 12 ounces orecchiette pasta
2) 1 red onion, chopped
3) 2/3 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
4) 2/3 cup pitted olives, chopped
5) 2 tablespoons lemon juice
6) 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
7) 1 cup ricotta cheese
8) 2 tablespoons olive oil
9) 1 teaspoon sea salt
10) 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1) Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
2) Cook the red onion in the two tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium -high heat, until tender. Season with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and desired amount of pepper. Add the pasta, almonds, olives, lemon juice, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the 1 cup of reserved cooking water; toss.
3) Top with the 1 cup of ricotta cheese, drizzle with small amount of olive oil, and pepper, if desired.