Thursday, March 9, 2017
Recipe of the Day
Roasted Salmon with Corn and Tomatoes
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 1 lb. fresh or frozen salmon fillet (s)
2) 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3) 1/2 teaspoon seas salt
4) 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
5) 2.5 cups frozen or fresh whole kernel corn
6) 2 tsp. olive oil
7) 1 tsp. chili powder
8) 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
9) 1 lemon or lime
10) 2 tsp honey
11) 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1) Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse fish; pay dry. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 15 by 10 inch baking pan with foil. Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place salmon in pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
2) In a bowl combine the next five ingredients (through cumin) and the remaining salt and pepper; toss to coat. Spread tomato mixture around salmon in pan. Roast, uncovered, 16-18 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
3) Meanwhile, remove 1/2 teaspoon zest and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from lime or lemon. In a bowl stir together juice. zest, and honey.
4) Transfer salmon to a platter. Brush salmon with honey mixture. Add onion to tomatoes in pan, stirring gently to combine. Lastly, top salmon with tomato mixture. Ready to serve!