Sunday, August 16, 2015
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Chicken Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2) 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
3) 3/8 teaspoon, divided
4) 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
5) 2 tablespoons orange juice
6) 2 tablespoons light sesame oil
7) 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
8) 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
9) 1 head Bibb lettuce, torn/shredded
10) 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
11) 1 cup diagonally cut celery
12) 1/3 cup unsalted, dry roasted cashew halves
13) cooking spray
1) Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 8 minutes, turning once. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice chicken across the grain.
2) While chicken cooks, combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, orange rind, in addition to 2 tablespoons orange juice, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard; stir. *Reserve 1 tablespoon vinaigrette.
3) Place lettuce and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates; top with chicken. Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette.
This recipe provides 350 calories per serving.