Saturday, January 31, 2015
Recipe of the Day
Chicken Noodle Soup
This recipe provides 4 -6 servings.
1) 1 pound ground chicken
2) 1 medium size yellow onion, chopped
3) 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4) 1 1 /4 cup thinly sliced carrots
5) 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
6) 1 cup sliced mushrooms
7) 1/2 cup thinly celery
8) 3 kale leaves, thinly sliced
9) 8 ounces brown rice pasta, such as small elbows, such as rotini
10) sea salt ( to taste)
11) black pepper ( to taste)
1) In a medium bowl combine the chicken with salt and pepper.
2) In a Dutch oven over medium -high heat, heat the oil. Cook the ground chicken, until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, approx. 5 minutes, until translucent. Add the carrots and cook, stirring frequently, approx. 1 minute. Add the broth, celery, mushrooms, and kale. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
3) Meanwhile, prepare the pasta, according to package directions. Drain, cover, and set aside.
4) Add cooked chicken and pasta to soup, mix thoroughly, heat to warm through out; ready to serve.