Sunday, December 21, 2014
Recipe of the Day
Roasted Red Onions and Delicata Squash
This recipe provides 6 servings (approx. 1 cup).
1) 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2) 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
3) 2 teaspoons olive oil
4) 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
5) 3 garlic cloves, sliced
6) 2 (12-ounce) delicate squashes, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
7) 1 (1-pound) red onion, cut into 12 wedges
8) 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
9) 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
10) 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
11) cooking spray
1) Place a baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 475 F. Leave pan in oven.
2) Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add squash and onion; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle vegetable mixture with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Carefully remove preheated pan from oven; coat pan with cooking spray. Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on a pan. Bake at 475 F degrees for approx. 20 mins or until tender, turning once. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and chopped parsley.
Total Fat: 4 grams ( 2 grams saturated)
Protein: 2 grams
Carbs: 22 grams
Sodium: 210 mg