Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Recipe of the Day
Spaghetti Squash & Pork Stir-Fry
This recipe provides 4 servings (approx. 1 1/2 cups each).
Recipe Tip: To make this meal ahead, prepare the squash (Steps 1&2), cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
1) 1 3-pound spaghetti squash
2) 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
3) 6 medium scallions, thinly sliced
4) 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
5) 2 cloves garlic, minced
6) 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
7) 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
8) 2 tablespoon reduced -sodium soy sauce
9) 11/2 teaspoon Asian red chile sauce, such as chile oil or sriracha
10) 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Cut squash in half. Scoop out and discard seeds. Place each half, cut side down, on a baking sheet. Bake until the squash is tender, approx. 1 hour. Let cool for approx. 10 mins. then shred the flesh with a fork into a bowl. Discard the shell.
3) Slice pork into thin rounds; cut each round into matchstick like sections.
4) Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil, then add garlic, scallions, ginger and salt; cook, stirring until fragrant, approx. 30 seconds. Add the pork; cook, stirring constantly, until just cooked through, 2-3 mins. Add the squash threads and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, chile sauce (or chile oil); cook, stirring constantly , until aromatic, approx. 30 seconds.
240 calories per serving
6 grams of fat ( 1 gram saturated)
22 grams. of carbs.
5 grams of fiber
27 grams of protein
708 mg sodium