Sesame-Shiitake Bok Choy
This recipe provides 4 servings (approx. 1 cup each).
1) 1 tablespoon canola oil
2) 3 cloves garlic, chopped
3) 1 2-pound head Bok Choy
4) 2 tablespoons oyster-flavored or oyster sauce
5) 5 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (9 ounces with stems)
6) 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
7) 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
8) 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1) Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not browned, approx. 30 seconds. Add Bok Choy and mushrooms; cook, stirring, until wilted, approx. 2 minutes. Continue cooking, stirring often, until just tender, approx. 3 minutes more. Stir in oyster sauce, sesame oil and salt. Garnish with sesame seeds.
140 calories per serving