Friday, October 10, 2014
Recipe of the Day
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Balsamic drizzle
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (approx. 3 medium), peeled
2) 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3) 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
4) 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
5) 1 teaspoon butter
6) 3 tablespoons honey
7) 1 cup balsamic vinegar
1) Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick wedges. Place on prepared baking sheet, drizzle with oil and toss well. Spread out in a single layer. Bake until tender when pierced with a knife, approx. 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
2) Meanwhile combine vinegar and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until syrupy and reduced to 1/3 cup, approx. 14 minutes. (Watch the syrup carefully during the last few minutes of reducing to prevent burning.) Swirl in butter. Drizzle the sauce over the sweet potatoes.
220 calories per serving