Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Recipe of the Day
Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts & Sage
This recipe provides 12 servings, approx. 1/2 cup each.
1) 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved and trimmed
2) 1 tablespoon butter
3) 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
4) 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
5) 1 cup coarsely chopped chestnuts
6) 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
7) 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
8) fresh ground pepper to taste
1) Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until bright green and just tender, approx. 7 minutes. Drain well.
2) Melt butter with oil and broth (or water) in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts, chestnuts and sage and cook, stirring often, until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
75 calories per serving