Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Recipe of the Day
Chicken with Grapes & Mushrooms
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (approx. 1 1/4 pounds total), timed
2) 2 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, sliced in half
3) 4 ounces mushrooms, trimmed and sliced ( 2 cups)
4) 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
5) 1/4 cup brandy
6) 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
7) 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil about 12 inches by 16 inches each. Fold each half to get an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut it into a half-heart shape as you would make a valentine. This is called a papillote.
2) Open the papillotes and place a chicken breast on one half of each opened paper (or foil) heart. Distribute grapes, mushrooms and tarragon over the chicken. Spoon a little brandy over the top and season with salt and pepper. Fold the other half of the heart over to cover the food and bring the edges together. Seal the package by crimping the cut edges together in a series of small, neat folds. Place on a baking sheet
3) Bake until the packages are puffed, approx. 12 minutes. (You might want to open one package to check that chicken is no longer pink inside.) Transfer to plates. Ready to eat!
225 calories per serving