Celery & Pear Salad
This recipe provides 6 servings, 1 cup each.
Recipe Insights: To toast chopped pecans, cook in a small dry skillet over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, approx. 2-4 minutes.
1) 4 stalks celery, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
2) 2 tablespoons cider, pear, raspberry or other fruit vinegar
3) 3 tablespoons honey
4) 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
5) 2 ripe pears, such as red Bartlett or Anjou, diced
6) 1 1/2 cups finely diced white Cheddar cheese
7) 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
8) Freshly ground black pepper to taste
9) 6 large leaves butter head or other lettuce of your choosing
1) Soak celery in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2) Whisk honey, vinegar and salt in a large bowl until blended. Add pears; gently stir to coat. Add the celery, cheese and pecans; stir to combine. Season with pepper. Divide the lettuce leaves among six plates and top with a portion of salad. You may serve at chilled or at room temperature.
Nutritional info. per serving:
14 grams fat
20 grams carbs
250 mg sodium
6 grams protein
4 grams fiber