Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Recipe of the Day
Corn, Tomato & Zucchini Salad
This recipe provides 8 servings.
1) 4 medium to large corn on the cob, shucked and rinsed
2) 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
3) 2 medium zucchini, rinsed
4) 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
5) 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
6) 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
7) 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
8) 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
9) sea salt to taste
10) black pepper to taste
1) Cut corn off the cob and dice zucchini into 1/2 inch pieces, adding both vegetables to a large bowl. Add cherry tomatoes and thyme.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, honey and lime juice. Cover salad and refrigerate for it least 90 minutes and up to 3 hours until ready to serve.
3) Toss salad and add salt and fresh pepper before serving.