Thursday, July 17, 2014
Recipe of the Day
Zucchini and Red Pepper Frittata
This recipe provides 6 servings
1) 1 large red bell pepper
2) 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced (approx. 2 cups)
3) 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
4) 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
5) 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
6) 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
7) 4 ounces white cheddar cheese. shredded (approx. 1 cup)
8) 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1) Preheat broiler to high.
2) Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil approx. 8 minutes, until blackened. Wrap pepper in foil; let stand 15 minutes. Peel and slice.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4) Heat a 9-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add zucchini; cook approx. 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper; reduce heat to medium.
5) Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add to zucchini mixture; cook about 2 minutes, until edges are set. Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 16 minutes, until center is set. Let stand approx. 15 minutes. Then, cut into 6 wedges.
Calories per serving: 180
Sodium: 300 mg