Coconut Chicken Curry
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
2) 6 teaspoons Madras curry powder
3) 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4) 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
5) 2 tablespoons canola oil
6) 1 onion, chopped
7) 3 cloves garlic, minced
8) 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
9) 2 teaspoons brown sugar
10) 1 can light coconut milk
11) 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
12) 1/2 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
1) In a bowl, toss the chicken with 1 teaspoon curry powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned. Transfer to a plate.
2) Add remaining oil and onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in sweet potatoes and cook for approx. 3 minutes. Add remaining curry, mixing well.
3) Add the coconut milk and brown sugar and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender.
4) Remove from heat and stir in basil.
375 calories per serving