Saturday, June 14, 2014
Grilled Turkey & Sun Dried Tomato-Stuffed Mushrooms
This recipe provides 4 servings. (Serving Size: 2 stuffed mushrooms)
Recipe Insight: These stuffed Portobello mushrooms are abundant with flavorful turkey, goat cheese and sun dried tomato mixture and topped with melted Swiss cheese.
1) 10 oz lean ground turkey
2) 3 scallions, finely chopped
3) 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (water-packed)
4) 1/3 cup crumbled reduced fat soft goat cheese
5) 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
6) 8 large Portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
7) 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8) Olive oil, as needed
9) 1/3 cup grated-reduced-fat Swiss cheese
10) Olive oil cooking spray
1) Lightly spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium high heat. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, approx. 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, scallions, goat cheese, panko and pepper; heat through for about one minute, stirring often, until combined and cheese has melted. Remove from heat.
2) Heat grill to medium high and lightly oil grate. Mist mushrooms all over with cooking spray. Add to grill stemmed side down; close lid and grill until juices start to release, approx. 4 minutes. Turn over; close lid and grill until tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; fill each mushroom with turkey mixture and sprinkle with Swiss cheese, dividing evenly. Reduce heat to medium low and return mushrooms to grill stuffed side up; close lid and cook until stuffing is warmed thoroughly and Swiss chess is melted and bubbly, approx. 3 minutes.
2 stuffed mushrooms 275 calories
Protein: 30 grams
Carbs: 25 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Total Fat: 10 grams (saturated 10 grams)