Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Recipe of the Day
This recipe provided 4 servings
These healthy tacos are full of flavor and sure to make you remember this recipe!
1) 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
2) 1 small poblano pepper
3) Juice of 1 lime
4) 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
5) 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
6) 3 tablerspoons extra-virgin olive oil
7) 1/4- 1/2 (depending on individual taste) fresh jalapeno, seeded
8) a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
9) 1 pound stripped bass, cod, or halibut (skin discarded and diced)
Broil or grill poblano pepper over medium -high heat, rotate with tongs, until it is blackened and charred all over, approx. 14 minutes. Place the pepper in a paper bag or a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Once it is cool enough to handle, slip off and discard the charred skin, seeds, and stem. Rinse the pepper under water to remove all the lasts bits and then puree with garlic, onion, lime juice, cilantro, and jalapeno. Then, set the mixture aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat, and season with salt and pepper. Place fish in the skillet and cook, stirring until cooked through, and flaky, approx 6-8 mins. Turn off the heat and add the reserved poblano mixture. Stir to combine. Serve with warm corn tortillas and such toppings as guacamole, salsa, and shredded cabbage.
225 Calories per Serving