Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Recipe of the Day
Buffalo Chicken Salad Wraps
This recipe provides 4 servings
1) 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
2) 3/4 cup shredded carrots
3) 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
4) 1/4 cup white vinegar
5) 1/4 cup cider vinegar
6) 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
7) 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce
8) 2 cups of shredded lettuce
9) 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
10) 4 100% whole-wheat wraps
1) Place chicken in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; simmer until no longer pink in the middle, approx. 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool, then shred using two forks.
2) In the meantime, combine carrots, celery and vinegars in a small bowl; then set aside. Whisk together mayonnaise and cayenne pepper sauce in a medium bowl; add chicken and stir to coat. Drain vegetables in a colander, shake to remove as much liquid as possible.
3) Fill wraps with lettuce, veggies and chicken salad. Sprinkle with blue cheese, roll up and cut in half diagonally.
Nutritional Info per Serving:
33 grams of Protein
28 grams of Carbs
11 grams of Fat
680 mg of sodium