Thursday, January 16, 2014
Recipe of the Day
Cajun Burger Bites
This recipe makes 16 min-bites
1) 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
2) 1/2 cup chopped green onions
3) 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
4) 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
5) 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
6) 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground
7) 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
8) 16 waffle-cut sweet potato fries
9) 1/2 cup lite sour cream party dip
10) 1/2 cup salsa
1) In a large bowl, mix/combine green onions, turkey, Cajun seasoning, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 16 equal size patties.
2) In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add half of the patties and cook until browned and cooked to 160 F, approx. 5 mins. per side. Remove the patties, place on a platter; cover and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining patties.
3) In the meantime. cook sweet potato fries according to package directions. To serve, spread party dip onto sweet potato fries; top with burger bites and salsa.
90 calories per burger bite!