Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Healthy New Year Cheese Melt
Healthy, Simple, and Tasty!
Grilled Cheddar Melt
This recipe provides 2 servings (sandwiches)
1) 4 thin slices seeded whole grain multigrain bread
2) 2 tsp. mayonnaise
3) 4 tsp. grainy Dijon Mustard
4) 2 oz. sharp Cheddar, grated ( 1/2 cup)
5) 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
6) 1/2 cup baby spinach
1) Place a heavy skillet over low heat.
2) Spread mayonnaise and mustard evenly over slices of bread, mayonnaise on one side, mustard on the other side. Sprinkle half of cheese over mustard side of slices. Add apple slices, spinach and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, mustard side down.
3) Put sandwiches in skillet; weigh down with another skillet. Cook until toasted, approx. 3 mins. Turn sandwiches over, weigh down again and cook until cheese melts, approx. 3 mins. Then transfer to a plate to serve.
Total calories per sandwich : 350