Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Crock Pot Recipe 22
Asian Style Beef
This recipe provides 12 servings
Recipe Insight: Blade roast and beef chuck assist in cutting costs but not flavor, in this variation on a traditional pot roast.
1) 5 green onions
2) 2 tablespoons oil
3) 3 cloves garlic, minced
4) 1 blade roast (2.5 lbs), trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces or 1 boneless beef chuck
5) 1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
6) 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
7) 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
8) 2 tablespoons cornstarch
9) 1/2 cup Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
10) 2.5 cups snow peas
11) 1 cup Cashews Halves with Pieces
1) Slice onions, keep the sliced white bottoms and green tops separate. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add meat; cook approx. 5 mins. until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Add garlic during last min of cooking. Stir in bell pepper, teriyaki sauce, crushed pepper, and white onion slices. Pour into crock pot, cover with lid. Cook on low 5-6 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
2) Mix cornstarch and dressing until blended. Add to crock pot with nuts and snow peas; stir. Cook, uncovered, approx. 10 mins, until slightly thickened. Top with green onion slices.
Serve over Chow Mein noodles or Rice.