Thursday, September 26, 2013
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Asian Style Beef
This recipe provides 12 servings
Recipe Insight: Blade roast and beef chuck assist in cutting costs but not flavor, in this variation on a traditional pot roast.
1) 5 green onions
2) 2 tablespoons oil
3) 3 cloves garlic, minced
4) 1 blade roast (2.5 lbs), trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces or 1 boneless beef chuck
5) 1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
6) 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
7) 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
8) 2 tablespoons cornstarch
9) 1/2 cup Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
10) 2.5 cups snow peas
11) 1 cup Cashews Halves with Pieces
1) Slice onions, keep the sliced white bottoms and green tops separate. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add meat; cook approx. 5 mins. until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Add garlic during last min of cooking. Stir in bell pepper, teriyaki sauce, crushed pepper, and white onion slices. Pour into crock pot, cover with lid. Cook on low 5-6 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
2) Mix cornstarch and dressing until blended. Add to crock pot with nuts and snow peas; stir. Cook, uncovered, approx. 10 mins, until slightly thickened. Top with green onion slices.
Serve over Chow Mein noodles or Rice.
Monday, September 9, 2013
Avocado Egg Open Faced Sandwich
1 large egg
1/2 avocado pitted
3/4 cup raspberries
1 slice whole wheat bread
Cut a silver off the side of the avocado so it can lie flat in a pan. Crack egg into the hole, cover, and cook over low heat for approx. 2 mins. Serve on toast with berries.
Total Calories: 350
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Sweet Potato Fries
This is a tasty and easy recipe!
Peel 4 large sweet potatoes; cut lengthwise into thin sticks (french fry size). Whisk together 2 eggs in a large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Empty one packet of seasoning mix, such as Shake N, Bake, into a separate bowl. Add potatoes, in batches; toss to coat. Spread evenly onto prepared baking sheet (sprinkle oil over baking sheets, sparingly).
Bake potatoes at 425 F for approx. 25-30 mins, until potatoes are crisp tender and golden brown. Turn potatoes every 8-10 mins.