Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Recipe of the Day
Sugar Snap Pea Pasta Primavera
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 1 teaspoon olive oil
2) 1/2 pound whole-wheat pasta
3) 5 pancetta, diced (approx. 2 ounces)
4) 2 shallots, minced
5) 1/2 teaspoon salt
6) 1 garlic clove, minced
7) 1 teaspoon lemon zest
8) 1/3 cup white wine
9) 2.5 cups sugar snap peas, strings removed
10) 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
11) 2 ounces baby arugula
12) 1 ounce grated Parmesan (approx. 1/4 cup)
13) 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1) Cook farfalle according to package directions.
2) In the meantime, heat a 10-inch saute' pan over medium heat. Add oil and pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until pancetta is lightly browned, approx. 3 mins. Transfer pancetta to a plate. Add shallot and salt to pan and cook until shallot begins to brown, approx. 2 mins. Add garlic and lemon zest and stir to combine; cook until garlic is fragrant, approx. 1 min.
3 Add wine to pan, scraping up any brown bits. Add peas and bell pepper; cover and cook approx. 3 mins. Remove pan from heat and add arugula, stirring until wilted.
4) Using a serving bowl, toss vegetables with farfalle and oregano. Top with pancetta and Parmesan.
Nutritional value per serving:
Total calories: 350
Protein: 15 grams
Carbs: 50 grams
Total Fat: 8 (saturated 3 grams)
Fiber: 6 grams
Sodium: 500 mg