Saturday, May 4, 2013
Recipe of the Day
Marinated Grilled Chicken and Tomatoes
*This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2) 2 tsp Dijon mustard
3) 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4) 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
5) 1 1/4 tsp minced garlic
6) 1/4 cup sliced red onion
7) 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast cutlets (1/4 inch thick)
8) 4 cups baby arugula
1) Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and garlic. Add oil in slow stream, whisking to combine. Season to desired taste. Divide between two bowls. Add tomatoes and onion to one bowl and chicken to the other. Marinate 15-20 mins.
2) Heat grill pan coated with olive oil spray over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade). Grill chicken in 2 batches, turning, until golden brown and cooked through, approx. 6 mins. Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm
3) Toss arugula in bowl with marinated tomatoes and onion to coat. Half chicken and divide among 4 plates. Top with salad.
Nutritional value per serving:
Total Calories: 325
Protein: 37 grams
Carbs: 7 grams
Total Fat: 15 grams ( saturated 2.5 grams)
Sodium: 300 mg