Saturday, March 9, 2013
Recipe of the Day
The Smashed Potato
This recipe provides 6 servings.
Recipe suggestion: Top each smashed potato with grated Cheddar Cheese before baking.
1) 12 new potatoes (3 inch diameter) or other small round potatoes
2) 3 tablespoon olive oil
3) 2 tablespoon minced rosemary, or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary (or other herbs)
1) Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2) Boil potatoes in lightly salted water in medium saucepan over medium heat until fork-tender, approx. 20 mins.
3) Place potatoes on large baking sheet. Using a potato masher, press down gently to mash each potato. Rotate masher 90 degrees and mash again. Drizzle oil on tops of potatoes. Sprinkle with rosemary, kosher or sea salt and pepper.
4) Bake potatoes until golden brown and crisp, approx. 15 mins.
2 potatoes per serving
Nutritional value per serving:
Total calories: 200
Protein: 3 grams
Carbs: 30 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Total Fat: 7 grams (saturated fat 1 gram)