Saturday, March 23, 2013
Recipe of the Day
Spaghetti with Capers, Garlic and Tomatoes
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 6 ounces spaghetti
2) 4 teaspoons olive oil
3) 1 medium onion, diced
4) 2 tomatoes, diced
5) 2 tablespoons drained rinsed capers
6) 5 garlic cloves, sliced
7) 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
8) 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1) Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, and keep warm.
2) In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, approx. 5 mins. Stir in tomatoes, garlic and capers; cook, stirring, until tomatoes are softened, approx. 4 mins. Add the spaghetti and cooking liquid, simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced, approx. 2 mins. Sprinkle with the pepper and parley.
Nutritional value per serving:
Total Fat: 5 (saturated 1 gram)
Protein: 7 grams
Carbs: 40 grams
Sodium: 175 mg