Saturday, February 9, 2013
Recipe of the Day
Arugula Polenta with Chicken
This recipe provides 6 servings.
1) 4 6- oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2) 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
3) 3 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
4) 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
5) 1 1/3 cups polenta (or organic coarse cornmeal)
6) 4 1/2 cups arugula, coarsely chopped
7) 1/2 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt
8) 1 large tomato, cut into 1/4 -inch dice
1) Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper.
2) Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned and cooked through, aprox. 6 mins. per side.Transfer chicken to a plate, loosely cover with foil and let rest at least five mins.
3) While chicken is cooking, bring broth and salt to a boil in a medium-high heat. Add polenta in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Return to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer over low heat, cover and cook until polenta is tender, approx. 10 mins.
4) If polenta seems to thick, add more broth, a few tablespoons at a time. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in arugula and yogurt.
5) Cut chicken on a diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Divide polenta among shallow bowls. Top with chicken and tomato, dividing both evenly, and serve.
Nutritional value per serving:
Total Fat: 8 grams (saturated 3 grams)
Carbs: 32 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 45 grams
Sodium: 700 mg